Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Amazing Waves of Surprise

Learn to draw. Or to paint. Or to play the flute. Or to tap dance, Something impractical, even useless. Whatever it is, it ought to be hard for you, something you haven’t really got time for, and that by professional standards you probably won’t ever do well. I recommend drawing because when you get it right, maybe only once in a while, you will have amazing waves of surprise and joy. And I promise that you’ll always be able to draw on a personal insight, a visceral empathy, with centuries of artists and their struggles to get it right.

3 comments:

  1. True but drawing is not everybody's piece of cake. I suggest dancing or learning some instrument bcaz music calms u'r mind and nothing like dancing u listen to music , exercise as well as getting stress out of u'r body.Drawing or painting would remind the individual of his past whether happy or sad he will just end up missing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya its ur choice. I just suggested drawing because it is the toughest thing for me. Personally I can tell you that I can't draw I single line. But I keep on trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, same here i just know how to make that kidz thing, hut,mountains and a tree.that's why i suggested dancing !

    ReplyDelete