Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Follow Your Heart

I read a quote that went something like: 'If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.' It made an impression on me, and since then I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share.

5 comments:

  1. Everybody is entitled to have their own parameters of happiness because they come from a different background - culturally, socially, ideologically. You have found what makes you happy. Good.

    Congratulations on starting a blog. I am sure there are scores of people out there to be inspired by what you have to say. All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya people have own parameteres of their happiness but very few exactly know what really elates them. I am blessed as I have no doubts about the things which certainly can please and satisfy me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kulraj Ji
    Thanks for being with me on my blog which I have started on your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of u r right to some extent.one can discuss this topic for days but still u will reach to no conclusion.But its a good and interesting topic to discuss than discussing about saress and suits.
    KEEP GOING !

    ReplyDelete